"This is a global crisis that requires a global response. Fight, unite, ignite." – Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO)
Pandemics such as COVID-19 result in several thousands of deaths and widespread social and economic disruption. What have we learned thus far? How can we better prepare for a potential round two of the pandemic and/or other pandemics in the future?
- An overview of how COVID-19 progressed
- How can pharmaceutical companies be better prepared? Should there be plans and clinical development strategies in place?
- How do we build resiliency? What steps could/should be implemented at various stages to 'flatten the curve'?
- Vulnerable communities and minority populations are at a disadvantage. How do we address these health disparities?
- Elizabeth Garner, MD, DIA Board of Directors, Chief Medical Officer, ObsEva SA
- Michael Rosenblatt, MD, DIA Board of Directors, Chief Medical Officer, Flagship Pioneering
- Peter Sorger, PhD, DIA Board of Directors, Otto Krayer Professor of Systems Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School